The adult/family nurse practitioner (NP) provides health services for students and employees of NYMC. The NP is responsible for the provision of excellent health care and for implementing the policies and procedures of NYMC Health Services as set forth by the Director of Health Services. NYMC Health Services provides an Occupational Health Program for select employees. The NP is responsible for implementing and evaluating the procedures of the Occupational Health Program in collaboration with the Director of Health Services and the Department of Environmental Health and Safety.
1. Provide walk-in care for general medical problems to students including referrals for care and triage of emergencies.
2. Prescribe and order lab tests/x rays when needed.
3. Review health records of incoming students and provide notifications of deficiencies in health clearance requirements and provide appropriate follow-up.
4. Ensure compliance in surveillance program.
5. Review student health records and complete student applications for visiting and away rotations.
Education, Qualifications and Skills
(A) Education requirement: Minimum of a Master's Degree in Nursing as a family or Adult Nurse Practitioner.
(B) Licenses or certifications: Current Board Certification as an adult or family NP, BLS Certification, Certification as an Occupational Health Nurse Specialist preferred
(C) Technical/computer skills: Knowledge of electronic medical record keeping, Microsoft word.
(D) Prior experience: Minimum of 5 years experience in outpatient family, college or internal medicine as a Nurse Practitioner with ability to function independently.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Software Powered by iCIMS