The Gao lab in the Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy is interested in understanding the molecular mechanisms underlying prostate cancer progression, with focus on investigating how epigenetic modulators contribute to the drug resistance. The lab assistant for this job will be responsible for maintaining the lab, assisting with tissue culture, molecular biology (PCR, DNA/RNA preps, westerns, etc.). The PI will supervise. The successful candidate should be a self-motivated individual with strong creative and critical thinking, and a detail-oriented team player.
1. Assist wih ordering and maintaining inventory of lab supplies, maintain equiptments or specific lab resources.
2. Prepare solutions adhering to specific instructions.
3. Perform experiments under the direction of senior lab personnel in areas such as PCR, Western Blot, cell culture.
4. Engage in training students in molecular and biochemical techniques.
5. Record and track experiments results accurately, and perform graphical analysis.
Education Qualifications and Skills
(A) Education requirement: Bachelors degree or higher in the field related with Biological Sciences.
(B) Licenses or certifications: None
(C) Technical/computer skills:
(D) Prior Experience: At least one year experience of working in a laboratory.
Physical and Environmental Demands