Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage 3rd year Psychiatry clerkship, 4th year sub-internship, and elective rotations supported by the department, including:
- Provide primary administrative support for the Psychiatry clerkship director in matters relating to the medical student clerkship and elective programs within the department. This requires that the CEC is familiar with curricular goals and the policies and procedures that govern the medical education program
- Serve as a liaison between NYMC UME administrative personnel and Psychiatry clerkship and elective director(s)
- Function as the first point of contact for students, faculty, residents, sites, and school administration (e.g., Registrar, Student Affairs, Medical Education) for any questions or concerns relating to the medical student clinical education programs in the department of Psychiatry
- Manage daily operations of the medical student clinical education programs in the department of Psychiatry and organize and prioritize necessary tasks, initiate changes, and resolve issues as they arise including:
- Preparation and modification of student schedules
- Correspondence with administrative offices of affiliated hospitals and outpatient practices as needed to arrange for all student onboarding needs (e.g., pagers, lockers, ID access, and EMR and computer access).
- Preparation of orientation materials for medical student clinical education programs in the department of Psychiatry:
- Schedule orientation dates and/or joint didactic sessions for students across all affiliated sites
- Manage room reservations and/or zoom links for education sessions
- Ensure student schedule is updated on the SOM learning management system (LMS)
- Assist clerkship director with faculty recruitment for education sessions, as needed
- Support evaluation of students in clinical programs within the department of Psychiatry:
- Send regular email reminders and follow-up emails to clinical faculty regarding student evaluations
- Provide support to the clerkship director in compiling faculty evaluations of students in the SOM LMS to ensure compliance with accreditation standards related to grade submission
- Provide local administrative support for and manage the Psychiatry course site in the SOM LMS:
- With the assistance of the clerkship director ensure that the content on the SOM LMS is up to date and accurate (e.g., clerkship syllabus, contact information, student schedules, gradebook).
- Responsible for matching clerkship students with appropriate evaluator(s) across clerkship sites as a component of the student assessment process.
- Maintain complete and accurate student files for the department of Psychiatry, including student absences and grades, evaluations, observed history/physical examination, patient log, NBME scores, etc.). All student files should be maintained and archived for 4 years;
- Maintain accurate teaching faculty rosters for the department of Psychiatry across all affiliated sites and facilitate faculty appointments with the Office of Faculty Affairs.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparation and uploading of letters of recommendation requested by students in the department of Psychiatry
- Attend and actively participate in meetings of the Psychiatry department.
- Assist with general administrative responsibilities including making room reservations, email communications, etc.
- Communicate with Registrar’s Office regarding grade submission, grade appeals and changes;
- Assist with computer-based examination logistics and delivery for clinical programs:
- Reserving on-campus exam space, maintenance of exam rosters, proctor recruitment
- Provide administrative and proctor support, as needed
- Assist in preparation of CQI and annual reports.
Visiting Student Administrator
- Administer VSLO software as it relates to the onboarding and placement of visiting medical students in the department of Psychiatry
- Address visiting student questions related to elective options, requirements, and expectations within the department of Psychiatry
- Coordinate the placement of visiting medical students with School of Medicine based on availability of clinical resources at affiliated sites in the department of Psychiatry