Clinical Research Coordinator Nurse will work in the Clinical Trials Unit (CTU) with patients in clinical research studies. Incumbent will manage aspects of various research studies. Attention to detail, self-starter, organized as well as good communication skills. Applicant must adhere to patient confidentiality as well as oversees studies effectively and efficiently. Contributes to the implementation of specific protocols and the clinical management of patients on protocol. Collaborates with other disciplines in the obtaining and maintaining of informed consent/assent of patients on research protocols and prior to implementing invasive procedures. Interviews and screens patients for entry onto protocols. Monitors and documents response to therapy and communicates findings to principal investigators with recommendations for appropriate actions.
1. Screen, obtain consent and follow subjects for clinical research studies. Adhere to study-specific protocols.
2. Enroll subjects in studies and schedule follow-up visits.
3. Work with clinical investigators and staff to manage research subject profiles including screening, assessing, and monitoring study medications. Will need to know/learn how to pack, ship, and transport biological samples.
4. Must be able to draw blood, obtain vital signs, and do EKG's.
5. Need to be flexible to work clinic hours as needed.
6. Contribute to the development and implementation of SOPs
7. Monitor CTU supplies
(A.) Education requirements: Graduate of accredited Master of Nursing or PA program and have an active NP or PA License
(B) Licenses or certifications:
(C) Technical/ computer skills: MS Word; Excel; REDCap, data base and study data entry; sponsor reporting.
(D)Prior experience:Experience in Internal Medicine, GI, Hem/Onc, oral health, or other related fields.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Software Powered by iCIMS