Reporting directly to the Chief Development Officer and Executive Director of Alumni Relations, the Manager of Foundation/Corporate Relations and Stewardship is responsible for strengthening and expanding New York Medical College's (NYMC) fundraising and awareness of its mission and services through foundation grants and corporate support while stewarding key relationships with these constituents. The Manager of Foundation/Corporate Relations and Stewardship will implement an advancement plan that will include private foundations, corporations and businesses.
The Manager will be a solid analytical and strategic thinker with strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. They will have an ability to attend to details, prioritize and organize/facilitate projects independently. The successful candidate will bring energy, creativity, and a commitment to teamwork to the position, and to our Development efforts.
Identify, cultivate, pursue and retain corporate donor and contributor support. Serve as key solicitor for corporate sponsorship gifts for annual Founder’s Dinner, golf tournament and Days of Giving campaign.
Expand and enhance relationships with area businesses, organizations, and foundations to create new engagement opportunities for funding, partnerships, awareness and volunteerism.
Develop proposals with NYMC faculty for program development and faculty research. Responsibility shall include verification of compliance with terms of grant and such reporting as may be required.
Maintain updated corporate and foundation mailing lists and contacts in Raiser’s Edge. Analyze fundraising data and prepare reports as needed.
Works in close conjunction with other development staff, ensuring collaboration between foundation, corporate, major gifts and planned giving efforts.
Fulfill all reporting and stewardship requirements for corporate and foundation support.
Work with leadership to develop a long-term plan to expand stewardship program beyond Foundations. Help develop a plan for individual stewardship program with an ultimate goal of creating a new stewardship position that will handle all stewardship activities.
Front line fundraising responsibilities – 65%
Stewardship and Strategic planning – 35%
(A.) Education requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year institution.
(B.) Licenses or certifications:
(C.) Technical/computer skills:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Raiser’s Edge or other comparable fundraising software
(D,) Prior experience:
- Minimum 5-years experience in comparable role.
-Knowledge of the Greater New York area business climate desired.
- Must be an experienced grant writer and researcher, familiar with foundations and corporations in the Greater New York area and knowledgeable regarding various grant writing formats, case statements and presentation packaging of supportive documentation.
- Must demonstrate success in obtaining 6-9 figure grants and gifts.
- Must have experience cultivating and stewarding corporate officers, foundation Managers and program officers.
- Proven creativity in approaching fundraising, along with comprehensive understanding of fundraising essentials and best practices in philanthropy.